How to Update your Chromebook + Tips and Fixes
Update your Chromebook
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
Factory reset your Chromebook
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
- Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account
- Once you've reset your Chromebook:
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook
- Check if the problem is fixed
If your Chromebook will not charge or turn on, Hard Reset your Chromebook
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Refresh + tap Power .
- When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .
Alternately, you can try:
- Press and hold Refresh + Power for 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons.
- Press Power .